Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It's redirection West for Wood Warbler 30/4/05

After a steady start to the day after yesterdays exertions I decided early afternoon to head for Cley/Salthouse area in search of Whinchat and that bloody Short-eared Owl that keeps eluding me. I was 3-4 miles south of Holt, when the pager alerted me to a singing Wood Warbler at Holkham, I navigated, mapless, rather successfully and arrived at Wells.
I had phoned "the back-up crew" Sean & Jacky of the change of plan.
I arrived at Lady Annes, met up with Sean & Jacky and headed for the bird, worryingly it had moved but within a few minutes the distinctive accelerating crescendo of Wood Warbler was heard, and eventually the bird showed very nicely.
Slightly concerning was the presence still of the Snow Goose, although it is still with Pinkies, so it's staying on the list for now!
We then headed off to Burnham Norton, this came up trumps with 3 Whinchat, also good numbers of Wheatears here.

184 NMYL and another 54 miles (126 in 2 days ouch)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home